Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
E-mail attachment .doc file problem
  Posted by  Wm Hart  on Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 9:46:34 PM (EST)
I have attached a (text) 1.5mb document through e-mail. The end user wasn't able to open the attachment due to: document name / path not valid. Any ideas what could be causing this. I clearly don't have a problem opening it, but the other party cannot.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, April 04, 2005 at 10:16:49 AM (EST)
maybe your recipient didn't save the document first? some bigger files might cause problems if they don't have enough ram on the other end or if their mail client can't read or write to the temp directory.
  Posted by Wm Hart  on Monday, April 04, 2005 at 10:45:13 AM (EST)
I thought about that because she said when she clicks on the attachment, her providers program sends it to Internet Explorer 6.0, which then activates Word to read the document. It still says "document name/path not valid" and suggests going to the "file open" command to open the file (which produces nothing because it's not on her hard drive or saved to floppy disk). Should she save it first, then try to open it? Also, the file name had over 30 characters in it, so I renamed it thinking maybe this was the problem ~
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.