Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
0X800CCC15 Error?
  Posted by  Andrew Howley  on Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 6:18:38 PM (EST)
I keep getting the above error when trying to configure an account for one client machine using Outlook 2003.

I have tried both DNS and IP for the server addresses both are no go.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling accounts in Outlook and LS 2004 and even uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 to no avail.

I can ping both IP and DNS of the server machine and have reset the IP stack and ARP of the client still to no avail.

The machine other than this is fine, able to browse the network, connects OK etc.

Any ideas good people?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, April 04, 2005 at 10:04:07 AM (EST)
0x800CCC15 - Unable to open Windows Socket
0x800CCC15 Fix SOCKET_CONNECT_ERROR Unable to open Windows Socket.

Do you have any anti-virus products or firwall software installed on the client machine? It's possible that either one of these might be locking down the ports or monitoring the ports making your mail client's connection fail. For troubleshooting purposes, try disabling these applications and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then you know where to go for an answer.
  Posted by Andrew Howley  on Monday, April 04, 2005 at 11:42:43 AM (EST)
Yes, but they're not the problem. Strangely enough I tried the same account settings in Outlook Express (just out of idle curiosity) and blow me if they didn't work.

Well, after picking myself up off the floor I thought we'd try Outlook 2003 again, upon seting it as the default email client and importing the Outlook Express account (identical to the existing I might add) it worked fine! Go figure that one out then ???!!
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.