Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Moving eDock to new server
  Posted by  Chris Bromley  on Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 3:27:17 PM (EST)
Ok, so here's the issue I need to resolve.

I am moving my Intranet server to a new box, and while doing so, I am taking the opportunity to clean it up which means that instead of restoring a complete backup, I am instead reinstalling everything, and organizing better.

Now. The NEW server is up and running, and eDock is installed onto it just fine. However, the backups from the old server cannot be seen to restore from. Is this due to it having a different eDock server name?

How does one actually move eDock from one machine to another? I would have figured it would be as simple as doing a backup, reinstalling on the new machine, and doing a restore.. but since I can't see my backup files from the restore dialog, I'm severely confused as to how to do this now.

Chris
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, March 25, 2005 at 9:39:25 AM (EST)
I *THINK* all you need to do is copy the wb8.fil file from the old system to the new system, taking care to move the file to the exact location where you found it. Should be in the Program Files\eDock Server folder.

What happens when you try to restore the backup? I've moved my system several times using the backup method and it worked fine. Maybe there is a problem with the backup set?
  Posted by Chris Bromley  on Friday, March 25, 2005 at 1:52:03 PM (EST)
When I try to restore, and select the directory containing the automatic backups, NO backups are listed to restore from. Is this because the machine name and IP is different than the machine that originally backed them up?

I can, however, look right into the directory and see the backup files just fine, so I know they exist. Even corrupted, they should at least appear to me, right?

I will try the file move and see what happens.
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.