Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LanSuite and PHP
  Posted by  Miguelangel Mateosmontaño  on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 1:41:58 PM (EST)
Hi, I need help with the installation of PHP 5.0.2

I'm working with SQL Server Database, and I send parameters via URL (using metodhs POST and GET in PHP), but when I acces to my PHP pages I obtain an error with these variables, i.e.

http://www.xxxxx.com/login.php?username=yyyyy

Then I obtain a message:
"Undefined Index username in login.php on line 30"

I must say that site is working well under Apache, but no under LanSuite

What could be the problem?

Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 3:01:09 PM (EST)
This is a php error, possibly a problem with your script, not a problem with the web server. Doing a quick google search for "Undefined Index username in login.php on line", I see a lot of "undefined index" issues..maybe this is something to do with your includes or php pathing?
  Posted by Miguelangel Mateosmontaño  on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 5:08:35 PM (EST)
Thanks for your answer, but this is not the problem...

I know this error is because the variable is not declared in the script, but the variable is already declared, here write an example...

Vars on the URL

$greet= $_GET['greet'];
echo "Variable \$greet: $greet
\n";
?>

And the URL is : http://www.xxx.com/destiny.php?greet=Hello

All that I obtain is a error message:

"Notice: Undefined index: greet in C:\portal\destiny.php on line 7 Variable $greet:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: greet in C:\portal\destiny.php on line 7"

If anyone runs this script under Apache obtain a HTML page with the greet "Hello", but not under LanSuite

Anybody knows what could be the problem?

Thanks Again
  Posted by Miguelangel Mateosmontaño  on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 5:08:36 PM (EST)
Thanks for your answer, but this is not the problem...

I know this error is because the variable is not declared in the script, but the variable is already declared, here write an example...

Vars on the URL

$greet= $_GET['greet'];
echo "Variable \$greet: $greet
\n";
?>

And the URL is : http://www.xxx.com/destiny.php?greet=Hello

All that I obtain is a error message:

"Notice: Undefined index: greet in C:\portal\destiny.php on line 7 Variable $greet:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: greet in C:\portal\destiny.php on line 7"

If anyone runs this script under Apache obtain a HTML page with the greet "Hello", but not under LanSuite

Anybody knows what could be the problem?

Thanks Again
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 5:54:13 PM (EST)
Works fine on my linux box with apache installed, but I still don't think this is a LS problem. It's a PHP issue, perhaps with a setting in your php.ini file. Have you tried posting this in a forum that is for PHP users? This forum is more for LAN SUITE, you might find someone who knows a little about PHP (I do, but not on the configuration side, I've always just used the default configuration).
  Posted by Miguelangel Mateosmontaño  on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 10:14:51 AM (EST)
Thanks a Lot, maybe the problem is the "register_globals" parameter, I must no to use "register_globals = on", I will try to make my work with CGI scripts...

Best Regards....

Thanks again....
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.