Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
latest update to lan suite causes 98SE to crash
  Posted by  Peter Davis  on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 at 9:24:21 PM (EST)
Afte updating the server PC to build 5.0223 the PC would repeatedly crash after 2 minutes of running Lan Suite. Fixed by restoring previous build. Anyone else with 98SE problems?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 9:32:10 AM (EST)
what's the error message?
  Posted by Peter Davis  on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 5:40:45 PM (EST)
I did not record the error, but it was the usual full blue screen/white writing and unable to ctrl/alt/del to restart. Needed reset key. Now rolled back to prev version of lan suite and no problems. PC does not run any other applications. Only used as lan suite mail server. Runs about 25 mail boxes. Tried putting it on XP long time ago but that was limited to 10 users so went back to 98SE and been happy up to date.
Thanks
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 9:28:38 AM (EST)
BSODs are usually hardware related. Just a guess, but maybe your network drivers are not correct or working properly for your network card? I've seen this a lot on 2k/xp systems.

Also you might want to check the system requirements...they state that 98 and me are not supported for over 10 users.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.