Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Printers - USB versus parallel port
  Posted by  Ian Juniper  on Monday, February 28, 2005 at 10:55:11 PM (EST)
I wonder whether other 602PC Pro users have encountered the following printing problem and whether thay have come up with any answers?
For four years I have successfully used various versions of the 602Pro wordprocessor software with a Canon BJC-2100SP inkjet printer connected via a parallel port. Multipage documents have always printed correctly using soft page breaks and entering a page number at the top of each page. (I don't use page headers because they are too much trouble and I have to insert the numbers anwway!) However, modern printers all have a USB connection, and neither the Canon i350 nor the Compaq IJ650 will print multipage documents (with hard or soft page breaks; makes no difference) without losing the plot and putting successive page numbers progressively further down the page. I am using WIN98SE but this shouldn't make any difference.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, March 04, 2005 at 9:23:13 AM (EST)
We use a mixed lot of printers at my house, I have a network laser printer, a parallel port inkjet printer attached to a file server, and a USB bubblejet printer attached to my wife's computer..and I've never seen anything like this in 602Text. Maybe the problem is with your document formatting or paper size?
  Posted by Ian Juniper  on Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 9:07:19 PM (EST)
Naturally, setting the page format of the text and the printer to A4 was one of the first things which I did. Incidentally, a friend of mine has been able to print out multipage documents on my Canon i350 printer with no problems, but he uses Microsoft Word. To me it seems unlikely, but could there be a subtle difference between the way MS Word and the Software602 wordprocessor send printer data via the USE port?
  Posted by Ian Juniper  on Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 12:00:20 AM (EST)
Further to my recent reply upon this topic - there does appear to be a very real problem with 602PC SUITE 4.1 in that when sending text to a printer via a USB port an apparent software incompatibility with Microsoft Word is responsible for the corruption of the text pagination - resulting in the dropping of page numbers down the pages. No amount of tinkering with my printer settings, e.g. uni- or bidirectional printing, page breaks, etc. effects a cure. And yet no problem occurs with a parallel port printer connection. I have again contacted Canon Customer Support to see whether they have another printer driver for the i350 printer, but I doubt they will own this problem as their own. The onus must surely rest with Software602 for a remedy.
Ian Juniper
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.