Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
How to clear Logs
  Posted by  John Mall  on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 9:42:39 AM (EST)
Hello, how can I clear the console window from Lan Suite?
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 10:16:27 AM (EST)
You can't, all you can do is to disable all logs to avoid any blabla in the console.
  Posted by John Mall  on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 11:49:33 AM (EST)
That's blody damn! They should add that feauture to the next upadte.
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 11:57:32 AM (EST)
Did you mean to remove live msgs from the console, or get rid of the console itself?
In this last case, you can run lansuite as a service.
(setup/install service)
  Posted by John Mall  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 6:53:32 AM (EST)
I meant to remove the messages from the console (to clear the window). That's what I did, installed it as a service, but sometimes on startup I get error message in the event log, something like "lan suite hanged", although it gets running.
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 6:59:33 AM (EST)
that's because it does not start quick enough. you can ignore it or use the tool to create a service dependance to start it after some other service (start it after tcp/ip for instance)
  Posted by John Mall  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 12:14:24 PM (EST)
Thank You very much Serge!
If I start it as a service, I get another problem, when I go to check my email via the web interface (www.mycomputer/mail), I put in my login name and password and then when I click on login I get a blank page. Now if I ran lansuite with the console and then login on www.mycomputer/mail, then I get a little tray icon called "web mail login server" and then I after the WWW login I get to my email. But when ran as service, don't get that tray icon, and get a blank page in browser after singed in.
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 12:41:03 PM (EST)
An old story.
As far as I can remember, this happens when you update from ls2002 to ls2004. Check the system account has rights (read and write) on the lansuite folder.
To make a quicker test, change the lansuite service properties to start it with the admin account instead of system. if OK, then put it back to system account, and change the permissions on the lansuite folder
  Posted by John Mall  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 1:02:02 PM (EST)
It runs excellent (the mailcheck) with the user account. Then I put all privileges for the system account on the lansuite folder, and install again the service to run lansuite with the system account, but I get that blank page again. Uhm, strange... Maybe I've done something wrong?
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 1:30:43 PM (EST)
ah yes the blank page... weird...
that used to be a bug with ls2002 when the path to the lansuite folder contained spaces. As far as I know that's been fixed for a long while, but maybe this a the son of that old pb? (I've seen this before! retro-bug I call it.
Mine runs from d:\lansuite, so I can't test this anymore.
  Posted by John Mall  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 2:06:03 PM (EST)
I don't think it has anything to do with spaces. When I set it to run with my user account, it all goes well. But with the system account it won't work. There must be something else.
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 3:00:28 PM (EST)
sorry, I missed that.
So it must be a privilege problem on the webmail folder: when you changed the privileges on lansuite folder for the system account, did you change them for subfolders also? if no, you need to do that as well.
  Posted by John Mall  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 7:58:17 PM (EST)
Did that, but not working. I'll just run it with my username.
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 9:19:22 PM (EST)
Do you get the blank page when accessing server/mail or after login?
Does the remote admin works? (server/admin)
  Posted by John Mall  on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 at 4:54:26 PM (EST)
Hi, I get the blank page after the login screen (after i log in). WWW remote admin works.
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 at 5:04:38 PM (EST)
definitly convinced it is a permissions pb on the webmail folders. Since you start the service with your account, are you sure you have write rights on the entire webmal folder and subfolder?
  Posted by John Mall  on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 at 7:11:39 PM (EST)
Well I already went to the properties of "C:\program files\software602 folder" and then in the security tab added the "system" account and checked full control. Now there is already "everyone" also with full permissions, but when I clicked on advanced, I see at the "inherited from" field (for system) and Parent Object (for everyone). Maybe this has something to do with it?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.