Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Build 2004.0.05.0207
  Posted by  Kevin Jones  on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 9:37:32 AM (EST)
This latest build caused our server to crash every few minutes, not sure if it was related to up-time or client access. I don't have the option to experiment as its too inconvenient to the users.

Reverted to previous build and everything is fine.

Server is a peer to peer PC running Windows98.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 2:32:20 PM (EST)
What are the error messages you get? what does the log file say?
  Posted by Dan Chisholm  on Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 1:24:32 AM (EST)
I had the same problem. My server running XP pro kept reseting (hard reset) every time LanSuite started. I was up half the night getting it working again. Tried turning off several of the proxies but eventually backed up the entire LanSuite directory, exported my user list, deleted all but what looked like the config file and then reinstalled. Had to import the user list and setup some of the POP3 collection info but things are now running fine. Actually the program is running better than it has been (nolonger using 100% CPU). Had some problems today with receiving email and found that the user account info had to be set so that email is deliver to the user name (field was not populated by the import).
  Posted by Dan Chisholm  on Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 1:44:14 AM (EST)
By the way, I am not suggesting the process as it is very painful and there is most likely a better and cleaner solution. I just wanted to 2nd the opinion that there may be problems with compatibilty between the new build and old data. I see another post from Kevin that shows some error messages he was getting that turned out to be a corrupt words.db file. I was getting that same message just before my system did the hard reset. However, I copied the words.db file in after the reinstall and it works fine. For me, there was some other file that was causing the new build to crash.
  Posted by Aloysius Horn  on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 10:09:30 AM (EST)
I've also been having problems with build. Server crashing, fax queue not working etc. etc. Finally decided to reformat HD, re-install windows 2000 pro and LANSUITE. Server has been working OK for a couple of days now, but had one more crash this afternoon. Previous builds of LANSUITE have been rock stable, but this build seems to be first that is really giving problems.
  Posted by Peter Maydew  on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 4:43:49 PM (EST)
Sorry for dragging this out of the depths, if nothing else it proves that I searched the forum first. :)

I've been having the same trouble - hard reset - with every version since November 2004. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the download shot up in size from 16.7MB for version 2004.0.04.1104 (which was stable), to 29.2MB for 2004.1.100.1248, which would crash once every few hours, along with all its successors.

Any more ideas occurred in the meantime? I'm happily running 2004.0.04.1104 at the moment, which does what I need it to, but I'm obviously missing out on any security upgrades.

Windows 2000 SP3, by the way.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 5:43:08 PM (EST)
Have you still got the same problem with version 2004.0.05.223, which was released on Feb 23?
  Posted by Peter Maydew  on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 5:48:22 PM (EST)
Yes, same thing. I was hoping it might be better. :(
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.