Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Are other IP ranges supported besides 192.168.x.x?
  Posted by  Han Thomas  on Saturday, January 15, 2005 at 5:49:05 AM (EST)
For some reason NAT doesn't work for me. DHCP works fine, assigning addresses in the range for my LAN which is 172.16.10.x

I already turned firewalls off on both the server as well as the client. Both run Win XP Pro SP2.

Did I overlook something?
  Posted by Han Thomas  on Saturday, January 15, 2005 at 6:45:03 AM (EST)
Further notes:

The proxy does work for me. In IP Filters I have the same ranges set to 'enabled' as for NAT, yet NAT doesn't work..

Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 4:37:34 PM (EST)
Do you have a default Gateway set on the client machines network settings?
you can set this automatically with DHCP options as per the manual p.33
  Posted by Trial Version  on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 8:55:29 PM (EST)

Yes, got the gateway and it's assigned by DHCP. I guess that's what the 'routers' DHCP option is for? I set that to the IP address of the computer on which Lan Suite is running, i.e. 172.16.10.1

When I check opconfig on the client computer then the gateway address is in there.

I also set the DNS to the same machine of 172.16.10.1

I read something about hyperthreading CPUs not being supported for NAT: while the server has a recent mainboard that supports hyperthreading, the CPU's don't support this on both machines. (P4 2.4 GHz on server and Centrino 1.5 GHz on client)

Both run Windows XP Pro SP2 with the firewall turned off. (They ping each other fine).
  Posted by Steven Walker  on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 4:31:04 PM (EST)
Hi Have you set up the external DNS servers in Lansuite DHCP options, if you have not then try it. or if you set your machine to a static IP and manually put in the DNS from your ISP and can get out on the internet then the problem looks like a DNS forwarding issue.

option 3 = Gateway
option 6 = DNS (ISP)

hope the above helps

Steve
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.