Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Memory Leak
  Posted by  Nathan Kilgore  on Friday, January 14, 2005 at 11:50:48 PM (EST)
I have installed 602LAN Suite 2004. When I let it run on my win2003 server with P4 2.4 and 2 gigs of RAM, I get a memory leak. I verify this by watching the task manager and by starting and stoping the application. Is there a fix for this problem?
  Posted by Michel vanderHeijden  on Saturday, January 15, 2005 at 2:21:30 AM (EST)
A memory leak means that a program takes memory but doesn't release it. Not even after shut down of the program. When i read your thread it looks like you don't like that LanSuite uses any memory. But that would be a great invention. A program that doesn't require any memory while running. ;-)

It wouldn't be good if the memory which LanSuite allocated wasn't released by it afterwards. But here (Also Windows 2003, fully up-to-date) we don't have any memoryleaks with Lansuite (latest build).
  Posted by Nathan Kilgore  on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 12:28:24 PM (EST)
I didn't say that it shouldn't use any memory, when however I was running the previous version it would consume about 25 MB. What you said about the memory not being released when a program ends is not true either. The cleanup process in Microsoft Windows can return the memory that has leaked. When the program is employed the system memory resources it uses increase rapidly in upwards of a gigabyte of memory within one day. When I don't have the program running the system doesn't use any memory other than what is required to operate. I have now installed the program on 2 different servers latest was a fresh build and am continuing to get the problem. So based upon this evidence you do have a major leak in in lansuite.
  Posted by Michel vanderHeijden  on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 12:36:35 PM (EST)
You have a leak and i don't.... So is it the program or is it the rest? :-)
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 4:59:03 PM (EST)
I have LS ( 5 users and 10 users ) runnning on several sites with no mem leaks. My best guess is you have a application on a client ( or the Server ) that is making a huge amount of requests thru the proxy server. The LS log files should highlight this.

Also, does the mem leak occur when running as an application, service, or both?
  Posted by Kent Porter  on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 1:16:51 PM (EST)
After upgrading to the latest build
( it finally did it, I think )
I see mem usage spiking up at
100% constant, and mem counts
exceeding 1.2GB total.
This is highly unusual, after this
box running so sweetly for a year now.

w2k - 1227 build - running as service
I see it when I attempt to shutdown
or update.. backing up the
bayesian filter also caused
large responses in mem usage.

I also posted this in another
thread addressing 100% cpu usage.
Kent
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.