Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Email delivery wrong
  Posted by  Doyle Montgomery  on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at 5:58:50 PM (EST)
Has anyone experienced a virus or anything else to cause LS2004 to deliver emails to the wrong user. I have 30 users with straight forward setup, delivery set to the user name, nothing fancy. I've used LS for almost 3yrs with no problems but all of a sudden emails are going everywhere.

Thanks for any input

Doyle
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 11:02:26 AM (EST)
No, but it's possible these messages were BCC'd to the user or something similar. Are they legit e-mails or are they spam/viruses?
  Posted by Doyle Montgomery  on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 12:29:19 PM (EST)
Hi thanks for the reply.
They're legit emails. For example - Bob sends an email to Bill, and Jane gets it. Sometimes Bill and Jane will both get one. The Win2K machine with LS is running AVG 7 pro, so today I've turned off all local email scanning on it. LS is setup to use AVG in the Anti-Virus tab.

Thanks again.
  Posted by Bob Spearing  on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 8:15:49 AM (EST)
Doyle

Yes that's started happening to me - bit worrying because I just can't pin it down.
Thing is - 602 seems to be the guilty party, mails are going to recipients who do not have the person in their outlook contacts - the contacts are real but they belong to other users.

Bob
  Posted by Doyle Montgomery  on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 10:47:13 AM (EST)
Hi there,

My problem seems to have been fixed by turning off the local email scaning on the machine with LS2004, and just having AVG scan from inside LS2004.

Hope this helps

Doyle
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.