Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Netscape Screen Name Service
  Posted by  Ronald Stone  on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 1:50:57 AM (EST)
I've found from postings here that LS 2004 doesn't really do to well with AOL's Instant Messenger. Ok, a little annoying but we can deal with that.

On a related vein: Non-AOL users of AIM can also access an email account with the same screen name via Netscape.com (sn at netscape.net). What we don't understand is WHY if my wife uses our client pc to try to check her email, it will NOT let her through? Any other webpage (at least that we've encountered) we get wonderful response to, but the sign in screen for Netscape's mail won't put her past the signon!

I can check her email from the host pc, but I'd really much rather my wife check her own email!

Any thoughts?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 10:19:33 AM (EST)
Probably because there's not a way to proxy port 25 and 110 unless you're using NAT. almost every e-mail application you try to use will have the same problem.
  Posted by Ronald Stone  on Friday, December 31, 2004 at 10:53:22 PM (EST)
Just to clarify...
I'm speaking of webmail accounts, like Hotmail, Yahoo mail...the ones you can log onto from public computers without having an email server such as outlook, firebird or mozilla. I was going on the assumption that these would go through the same port as the web browser?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.