Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
XP Clients Refuse DHCP OFFER
  Posted by  William Rink  on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 at 6:05:55 PM (EST)
I have a network with 4 wired Ethernet clients running WinXP, and a gateway running W2K. The gateway is running 602LS2004 with NAT and DHCP servers enabled. At first it was sending DHCP offers that were quite acceptable to the other clients (lease time=24 hours), then suddenly the clients stopped accepting the offers. Once the lease expired, 602LS starts offering new ones but the clients never renew their lease.

Even if I reboot the clients and they perform a discover, they never accept the lease offered to them by 602LS. I can see in the log window that the requests are coming in and the offers are going out, but no joy!

I also have a Cisco ATA on the network that has refused to accept lease offers from the 602LS.

What gives???

Regards,
Bill
  Posted by Luke Robinson  on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at 3:04:59 PM (EST)
i have the same prob, so i just used static addresses and made it simple.
  Posted by William Rink  on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 1:11:34 AM (EST)
Wish I could, but the Cisco ATA only works using DHCP and since it is the line for my house SIP telephone its pretty important that it get servered.

I've decided to give up and try something else (WinProxy) which is working great so far.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.