Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Print2PDF 6.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Print Properties Dialog
  Posted by  John Baker  on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 at 11:52:06 AM (EST)
Is there a way to suppress the Print2PDF tab in the print properties dialog? I want to use this on a terminal server and have to users email all print jobs. All I want them to be able to change is the layout options.

Also I notice that all the settings are on a per user basis. This makes using Print2PDF on a terminal server more of a management problem.

It would at least be nice if when a new user is created, there was a way to set the default settings ahead of time. Right now it always defaults to printing PDF to a folder for example.

Really, what I am wanting is Print, set layout, enter email address (lookup in 602 LAN Suite LDAP might be nice) and it's done. I'm not even wanting the opertunity to edit a message. No muss, no fuss, just a simple solution that works. 602 you're so close to the ultimate "affordable" Terminal Services printing solution!

Thanks!
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 at 12:10:02 PM (EST)
the "Suppress Print2PDF Dialog Window" option will not show the Print2PDF dialog when you enable this option. You can do it through the "Configuration" icon in the Print2PDF Program Group on the start menu.

Print2PDF SE works with terminal services, but it's not a terminal service, IMO. It's just a network printer, that's all.
  Posted by John Baker  on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 at 10:07:37 AM (EST)
Yes, I know about that option. But it does not suppress the tab when a user prints. They can still go in and "monkey" around with those settings. The big security danger being able to browse to save a PDF file on a terminal server.

In the environment I have, the users are logged in to a predetermined application via the Environment user account settings starting a custome database program. They do not have, nor do I want them to have access to the desktop. I would like have a very restricted system that only lets them email their print jobs as PDF files.

The thing that keeps 602's solution for working for me is that it calls up Outlook/Outlook Express (Or part of it depending on options) to edit a full email message. This will not happen on a terminal server that has the Environment start up program set. An error is generated. It only works with full desktop access.

It would be nice if Print2PDF was able to ask for an email address and send it without relying on some other program to run.
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.