Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Major POP3 flaw for BBand users
  Posted by  Laphan Laphan  on Monday, November 08, 2004 at 6:54:58 AM (EST)
Hi All

I'm hoping that one of you knows the answer to what appears to be a major flaw in this great product.

Basically we have an ADSL connection, which is therefore classed as Permanent not Dial-up, and due to the amount of spam that we get over the weekend we want our external POP3 mailboxes to be retrieved between certain times on Mon - Fri only.

Dial-up users have the great facility of setting a POP3 schedule to do just this, but us broadband users can only set either Every xx mins or a set number of times. No dates. Arrrrrggghh!!

Is there any way round this? Has an update been released to get round this?

Rgds

Robbie
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, November 08, 2004 at 9:41:56 AM (EST)
Maybe I don't understand the problem, but how would this be a flaw? I could see this a simply an unsupported feature, but I don't see this as a design flaw. By definition, a "permanent" connection is just that. Scheduling shouldn't have to happen other than to download the mail every few minutes. Maybe you should report this as a new feature suggestion.

If you have spam problems, try using the bayesian filters, I've cut the amount of spam one of my customers has been receiving from about 2500 a day to 3, maybe 4 a day with just a well-trained bayesian filter.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.