Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Firewall does not work
  Posted by  Hans Peer  on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 at 5:35:26 PM (EST)
When i turn on the firewall i cannot connect to the internet. I checked only my internal NIC and selected security low.

Only when i switch to custom and add a set with ALL procotol all (from internet to this computer and from this computer to the internet) it works. But this is not the way to do it ;)

What am i doing wrong!? I must admit that i do not know a lot about firewalls :(
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 at 5:40:28 PM (EST)
1. You have to have 2 interfaces (be it 2 network cards, a modem and a network card, etc) for the firewall to work. I suspect this is not the case for you.

2. Make sure you define your internal network with the checkmark. The firewall will not protect the interface you check.
  Posted by Hans Peer  on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 at 5:44:36 PM (EST)
I have 3 items in my list. 1 for my internal network, 1 Dial up (my ADSL) and 1 for internet. I only checked my internal NIC.

All my clients can not connect to the internet (NAT and PROXY). Even my computer running Lan Suite (this one is connected to the internet) does not work!
  Posted by Hans Peer  on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 at 5:46:39 PM (EST)
Ps I am running W2k Prof.
  Posted by Hans Peer  on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 at 7:22:39 AM (EST)
The firewall is still not working :(

My ADSL router is a Allcatel speed touch. In the Firewall tab i see 3 items:
1 Card with local IP
2 Dial-up Adapter
3 Card with 10.0.0.150 IP (connected to my ADSL router).

In the Firewall tab I only checked the first card! And my firewall security is set to LOW (only to test it!).

I do not understand why this settings are not working! Maybe I must install a third party firewall because the one in Lan Suite does not work. But I prefer to use Lan Suite so please help me!
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 at 8:02:49 AM (EST)
My firewall works fine. I would be careful about declaring the firewall as non-functional, because the firewall DOES work if you configure it properly.

I still think you are selecting the incorrect interfaces due to the fact that nobody can get on the internet when you turn on the firewall. As I told you in my very first reply to your frantic posts, you MUST select the interface for your LAN, that would be your NETWORK CARD. Also, an ADSL modem will not show up as a dial-up connection. My guess is you only have one network card installed and the modem is on that card. Install a second network card.
  Posted by Hans Peer  on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 at 8:20:23 AM (EST)
Thank you for your reply! I have a feeling that I make a mistake this is why I am not giving up to use Lan Suite because I think it is a great product!

I really have two network cards installed! As far as I understand Firewalls this is a must to handle the incoming and outgoing requests.

This is why I find it strange that I see my dial-up in my Firewall list? The card that I checked does have an internal IP so this must be the card for my local network.

In my NAT settings I had to select my dial-up to make it work and I had to enter the correct gateway at my clients. By the way this IP is the one I checked at the Firewall settings.
  Posted by Avner Stemmer  on Thursday, December 16, 2004 at 4:18:56 AM (EST)
Hi,

Have the same problem. I have two network cards. The first is connected to the external ADSL modem, and the second to the office LAN. once I set the firewall, LS2004 disconnect from the internet.
  Posted by Hans Peer  on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 at 3:42:42 AM (EST)
Does anybody know how to solve this problem? With my configuration LS2004 firewall blocks all communications!
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.