Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Unable to contact update server
  Posted by  David Woods  on Friday, October 29, 2004 at 6:35:24 PM (EST)
I reset my LANSuite 2004 to an earlier build to see if it would get rid of my mail delivery problem - it didn't. Now, when I try to update to the latest build, my machine cannot contact the update server...I am afraid I am not getting any of the Anti-Virus updates as well. Any ideas?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, November 01, 2004 at 8:14:25 AM (EST)
The update server is working fine over here--both the update and the AV servers. What's the error message you get? Do you have a firewall or anything like that in place that would block the connection?
  Posted by David Woods  on Monday, November 01, 2004 at 5:04:24 PM (EST)
The message I get is unable to connect to the update server...it tries about 3 sites before it gives me this message.

I disabled our Raptor firewall and tried to update, but I get the same message.

I had restored LAN Suite to a previous version (04.0419) about 2 weeks ago to see if my DNS errors would disappear. They didn't disappear, and now I cannot go back to the current version.

I know I am not getting updates for Anti-Virus as well...scary.
  Posted by David Woods  on Monday, November 01, 2004 at 8:51:27 PM (EST)
I am finally back up to the current version of LAN Suite 2004 - I had to put our server's (we only have 1 server) internal IP address (10.XX.X.XX) into the "USE HTTP PROX..." to get the updates. It doesn't work if I put in the suggested 127.0.0.1 address. Same thing with the Anti-Virus updates.

Is this OK?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.