Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Windows XP and Fax client
  Posted by  Adrian Lines  on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 11:03:03 AM (EST)
Using the 5 user version of lansuite 2002 and clients running 95,98 and w2k are ok, but with xp I get the error message MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED in module M602AL32 when I try and send a fax via client software.
  Posted by Fernand Jonker  on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 4:27:37 PM (EST)
I'm having the same problem. I can fax out no problem if I manually enter the fax number, but if you try to use the address book feature with any of the three address book options you get one of various MAPI errors. If I remember correctly, the problem only occurred after installing Office 2000 on the XP units. I think I could use the address book properly before that.

I called tech support and sent them screenshots of the errors I received. I'm hoping for a prompt response.

Fernand.
  Posted by Fernand Jonker  on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 5:32:53 PM (EST)
Some further developments. I've been testing the problem on my client's PCs. The computers having problems are running Windows XP Home edition with all the latest patches applied.

After removing Office 2000 Professional I no longer received any MAPI errors when accessing the address book. Unfortunately this will not work for my client, but it may help resolve this issue.
  Posted by Fernand Jonker  on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 6:23:28 PM (EST)
After some more testing I found (not surprisingly) that installing all of office except Outlook eliminates the problems with the fax software. That works for some of the PCs but not all :(.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.