Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602lan breaks pdf attatchments
  Posted by  Peter Herrington  on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 at 4:51:13 PM (EST)
Hi all
Recently after upgrading to 2004 ver:2004.0.04.0909,I began to notice that my pdf attachments wer arriving corrupted at the destination email address.
I checked my Outlook 2000,and see that it leaves my outbox fine,as it is still readable in sent box.
Then thru the lan to lansuite,and out onto the NET.My short-term solution is to zip the file b4 sending which works,but of course this iextra work i dont want to continue doing indefinately.Acrobat V:5 is what I am using.I know there is 6.
Anybody else experience this problem?
Thanx/Pete
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 at 10:03:29 AM (EST)
Wow. This is a pretty weird problem. I don't think it is a Lan Suite problem, though. Here's why:

I sent a PDF file from LS to LS and it works.
I sent a PDF from LS to my private domain (it's a virtual private server hosted somewhere in GA, I think), and it works fine.
I sent a PDF from LS to my ISP at home (comcast), and it DOES NOT work.

Now, I see that two servers work fine, the third does not. To isolate the issue, I sent a file from my VPS to LS and it works. I sent a PDF via my ISPs server to LS and it DOES NOT work.

That tells me that there's something wrong with the ISP's SMTP server. My guess is that it's trying to decode the attachment as a binary file rather than an ASCII file. PDF files are ASCII files, similar to HTML or XML. I believe most mail servers have mime type settings, so this will need to be addressed by the server having the problem receiving the file.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.