Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
sending error - host not found
  Posted by  David Woods  on Monday, October 25, 2004 at 7:07:53 PM (EST)
Our company has been using LAN Suite for a long time with no problems. About 2 weeks ago, our company started to get a lot of returned email - some of it saying 'DNS': host not found or 'DNS': try again. I do not believe anything has changed on our server, but now we cannot email to certain addresses - even though they can email us.

The LAN Suite server gives this message for the messages that are not delivered:
Host 'mx00-dom.earthlink.net' (EXAMPLE) not found (Winsock: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not recieve a response from an authoritative server.)

Does anyone know what is going on?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 at 9:29:52 AM (EST)
Check with your ISP, your DNS servers might have changed.

If they are still the same, you might have some success with entering the DNS servers in the appropriate fields in the "Advanced Sending Parameters" on the SMTP tab.
  Posted by David Woods  on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 at 7:05:10 PM (EST)
My ISP says they haven't changed DNS servers. I already have the DNS server addresses in the SMTP tab as you mentioned. A lot of my messages are stuck in the queue waiting to be delivered, but they keep timing out...
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 at 10:08:15 AM (EST)
Did your ISP indicate there were problems with the DNS server? The error is saying that the DNS didn't respond.

ANy third party firwalls or anything like that installed?
  Posted by David Woods  on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 at 12:03:01 PM (EST)
There was no indication of any DNS trouble from my ISP.
Our network sits behind a Raptor Firewall, as it has since LAN Suite 2002. We have never used the LAN Suite firewall.
  Posted by M Blande  on Friday, November 05, 2004 at 11:08:24 AM (EST)
Had trouble like that once. Turned out to be our system caching the DNS lookup IP address. The other site had changed IP addresses but the cache had not been updated.
Try flushing all cache and buffers on your system.
  Posted by David Woods  on Monday, November 08, 2004 at 3:18:14 PM (EST)
I put in the internal IP address of our server in the TCP/IP Properties for the computer in the DNS IP field and it seems to be working now. If this happens again, I will flush the cache. Thank you.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.