Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Sending Faxes
  Posted by  Pieter Doorewward  on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 5:50:44 AM (EST)
When I send a fax with the send fax client, the fax goes through to Lan Suite, but from there, it goes absolutely nowhere. Lan Suite does not even try to dial the number entered. The message goes to the output queue, but does not go any further.

I have reinstalled the modem drivers as well as installed an updated version of the driver. I have just updated Lan Suite to the latest version (2004.0.04.0909). I have uninstalled the send fax client and installed it again. the version of sendfax is: 2004.0.04.0303.

Faxes come in (Lan Suite picks up the line and receives the data), but faxes aren't sent out. Once again, Lan Suite does not even try to use the modem and dial the fax number entered.

Can someone please try and help me? I have no idea what to check for anymore...
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 9:53:17 AM (EST)
check your modem string. The modem might require a special string to take control of the modem. The modem manufacturer might be able to give you some hints as to why this is happening. I don't think this is a problem with LS because the modem is working on the receiving end.

By the way, I would assume this is a true TAPI modem, not a CAPI that runs emulation or anything like that?
  Posted by Pieter Doorewward  on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 10:41:45 AM (EST)
Yes this is a normal TAPI modem. The problem is, that this used to work 2 weeks prior to today. I will try and install a different modem.
  Posted by Pieter Doorewward  on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 4:32:55 AM (EST)
Installed new modem. Not working...
The problem is, that it doesn't even try to dial the fax number.

I have tested the fax line, it works. I have made a dial-up connection with the modem and the same phone line. I could even make a connection with the old modem. What else can I check for?
  Posted by Pieter Doorewward  on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 6:40:21 AM (EST)
Installing a new modem did not sort out the problem. I had to completely remove LAN Suite and reconfigure it from scratch.

I'm thinking that in some strange inexplainable way, the configuration went completely corrupted. Lan Suite accepted faxes and placed them in the output queue, but it never "recognized" the fax. It didn't read the output queue, therefore it never saw the fax that was waiting.
  Posted by Clive Nixon  on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 at 5:14:24 AM (EST)
I had this problem and tried all sorts. It was because Lansuite wasn't checking the fax queue for some reason although they appeared in the outgoing message queue. Normally you get the 3 messages checking fax queue. No. of loaded faxes and end check fax queue. I wasn't. I tried restarting the fax server, updated Lansuite etc etc but in the end I removed Lansuite completely including the folder it was installed in and then installed it again and this fixed it but not sure as to why or why the problem occurred in the first place. Seemed to be something stuck in a queue somewhere but I couldn't find it.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.