Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LS crashes server reboots when picking POP3 e-mail
  Posted by  Ralf Altmeyer  on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 at 3:27:45 AM (EST)
I am running LS 2004 on W2k Server. Sometimes the server crashes an reboots when a user on the LAN tries to pick its e-mail with POP3. The only solution is to delete some message on the LS server, either with webmail or manually by manually removing the corresponding file in the LS servers filesystem.
My experience is that this behaviour is associated to exactly some specific e-mails. All other e-mails can be transferred to the client and the reboot behaviour is reproducible with the bad e-mails (i checked this by manually copying the corresponding files in the mbox on the LS server and transferring them several times).
I read in the forum that this behaviour has already occured with LS 2002 and the assumption was that it is linked to the NIC you are using to connect the client to the LS server. Indded did I change the NIC recently and I didn't have this problem before. On the other hand the NIC is working perfectly in all other cases so it must at least be the combination of NIC and LS POP3 and some special e-mail property.
Has anybody experienced this problem, too and are there any solutions available?
Any help is highly appreciated.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.