Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Viruses Getting Through
  Posted by  Douglas Rosenberg  on Sunday, October 10, 2004 at 4:19:18 AM (EST)
I have LS2004 AV Edition, and I've noticed quite a few viruses getting through, particularly variants of Bagel. Most of these have been caught by Norton Antivirus, but have been certified as "clean" by Bit Defender even when they contain obviously suspicious attachments like .scr. New definitions are downloaded daily. Anyone know why this could be happening? I'm losing confidence in this product!

Doug
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, October 11, 2004 at 10:06:21 AM (EST)
Hmm..I have not had a problem witht this at all for any of my clients. Are you sure you're using the absolute latest virus definitions from the update site? It should tell you on the AV settings what the last update was. If it wasn't today, then I would say this might be the problem. Try to update manually and see what it says.

Also, are you sure these messages are being processed through LS? Any mail that doesn't go through LS (downloaded via Hotmail, for example) or collected directly from an ISP to the client computer is not scanned.
  Posted by Douglas Rosenberg  on Monday, October 11, 2004 at 10:55:51 AM (EST)
No, I do have the most recent definitions, and the mail was processed by the server. The ironic thing is that when I open the message using the web interface, the attachment is there (xxx.scr), along with the little logo from BidDefender certifying that the message is safe.

Is there somewhere to report this so that either Software602 or BitDefender can check it out? I don't want to send them an email containing a virus, but I can probably send the entry from my log, which certifies the message as clean, and also send the notification from Norton AV, identifying the same message as infected.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, October 11, 2004 at 5:46:22 PM (EST)
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=658

that article explains how to contact support.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.