Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Two Questions
  Posted by  Chris Bromley  on Thursday, September 23, 2004 at 12:08:15 PM (EST)
First: Is there a way to include the "author/topic/title/keywords" external fields to the fully indexed search? Currently, I have many PDF files that are image PDF's, and to identify them, I title them, author them, etc.. Unfortunately, the simple search fails to find them if I enter something in one of those fields. I am forced to use the advanced search instead. Is there a way to include these fields in the index somehow so a simple search would work?

Second: I would like to create a custom search box for the front page of our intranet that will search for documents, again, based on the Author/Title/Topic/Description fields.... Any idea how to go about doing this with PHP?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, September 23, 2004 at 5:54:35 PM (EST)
Are you talking about the file properties, or the properties in eDock Server?

I don't believe the coding of a search field in PHP is possible, as this is a closed source program. You might be able to play with it and figure it out, but I know Software602 can't help you with it.
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.