Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Big trouble with hacked SMTP server
  Posted by  Sam La  on Sunday, September 19, 2004 at 1:07:18 AM (EST)
I am running LAN suite ( free ver) on my winxp pro machine. Some idiot attacked my server and by the time it came to my attention, it was 13000 mails in my server and all of these mail has spoofed sender and receipients. As a result, the whole system is going slowww. Is there a way I can delete those emails? I tried to disable queuing and then tryied to delete those files. keep getting an error that they can not be deleted as the trasmission is already started.
SO I need help in getting out of this problem. In the mean time I have set up IP filtering in my server, but that's too late I guess.
HELP ME PLEASE>
Sam
  Posted by Max Cottrell  on Sunday, September 19, 2004 at 10:14:37 AM (EST)
I discovered the same problem this morning. Several had been spoofed out before I caught it. Most of them have a subject line consisting of my current dynamic IP. I shut off the SMTP server and deleted the items in the "to be sent" folder. My ISP has a webmail feature that I'm using for sending mail; I use the LanSuite to get that rotten spam out of my life.

Hope this helps.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, September 20, 2004 at 2:54:11 PM (EST)
You can delete the messages out of the queue by going into the Queue Management option in LAN SUITE (Server -> Queue Management)

In Web Admin, it's also under Server -> Queue Management.

I would recommend you disable your internet connection until you wipe out these messages to insure that you don't send out any more spam. :)
  Posted by Sam La  on Monday, September 20, 2004 at 6:02:39 PM (EST)
Okay..I solved the issue by deleting the dat files in 602 lansuit's io directory after disabling queue processing and shutting down the SMTP server.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.