Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602Photo has taken over
  Posted by  Leland Yee  on Friday, September 17, 2004 at 12:03:54 PM (EST)
When I installed 602PC Suite, all of my photo icons changed from the usual jpeg Windows icon to the 602Photo icon. If I check properties of a photo file, it says "602Photo file. How can I get back to the previous state?

Thank you.

Leland
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 17, 2004 at 2:52:04 PM (EST)
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=469
  Posted by Neil Parks  on Monday, September 20, 2004 at 5:44:49 PM (EST)
602phot and 602album are things I never use. It would be nice to see 602test available separately.

Posted by Neil Parks  on Monday, September 20, 2004 at 5:45:59 PM (EST)
Of course I meant "602text", not "test" :)

Posted by Jay Murphy  on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 at 3:13:54 PM (EST)
Well, now, the answer to your question would be easier if we could tell what your previous setting was (to which you wish to return). Whatever that may be, the answer lies in the file associations made when you installed PCSuite for (probably) three file types: BMPs, GIFs and JPGs. Hopefully that's all. Here's the basic route if you're running XP (or older, probably):
Start | Accessories | Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types. This gets you to where the list of associated files is found (and altered). Scroll down to the list and select BMP File, then click Change. This will pop up a dialog that will allow you to choose the app that you want as the default (to open a BMP file if you double-click its icon, like on your desktop or in an explorer window). You will have to scroll down to do the same for GIF Files and JPG Files (and it's theoretically possible that others were tagged, too, but mine only did those 3).
Now, if you saw my post here you'll see that on my system those image files will not OPEN by double-clicking them (since 602Photo inserted itself), though after firing up 602Photo I can open image files from its File menu. So I wonder if you have seen this bug, too???
Hope this gets you back on the road to Nirvana.
jm
  Posted by Leland Yee  on Sunday, September 26, 2004 at 10:12:06 AM (EST)
Thanks to everyone for your advice. The problem is solved.

Leland
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.