Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Runtime Error in 602Photo
  Posted by  Jay Murphy  on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 at 2:57:39 PM (EST)
602Photo.exe w/ 602PCSuite Pro 4.1 causes this crash when trying to open an image file automatically (like by double-clicking an image file's icon in an explorer window):

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library -- Runtime Error! -- Program: ...602Photo.exe -- This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. --

Now, the same file(s) can be opened successfully IF one opens the app FIRST and does a File | Open on the JPG (or whatever other image type that the Suite's installation grabbed and associated to 602Photo.

It didn't START w/ this 4.1 upgrade; it did the same thing before (4.0, I believe it was).

Why ME? I don't find anyone else reporting this... here, at least. I haven't searched the MS KB yet, though I will. I was hoping to find the easy answer here, of course.

Oh - platform? HPVectra PIII 450 w/ 256M w/ XP Pro w/ SP1.

Anyone?

Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 at 3:31:45 PM (EST)
Does it happen with one image or all images? I don't seem to have this problem, I can open JPGs all day long in 602Photo by either double-clicking them or right click -> open with -> 602Photo.
  Posted by Jay Murphy  on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 at 7:58:43 PM (EST)
I have tested the 3 known filetypes for which 602Photo is the associated "open"er (BMP, GIF and JPG) and the result is identical: the 602Photo splash pops up, followed by the RTE dialog as previously described. Clicking the of that dialog simply closes it, and the splash screen, and it's terminated. It is not one problem image file - it happens w/ ANY image file, including those that WILL open successfully from the File | Open approach within 602Photo, as long as it is fired up first. Perhaps I should check other file types (in the other apps of the suite) but only this one has gotten my att'n so far.

I've heard that it's all in the wrist, but I'll be dipped if I can get the hang of it!

Thanx?

jm
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 10:07:53 AM (EST)
Can you load the program without clicking on the icon on your program groups in your start menu? Maybe this is a problem with the specific images you're trying to load.
  Posted by Jay Murphy  on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 1:57:50 PM (EST)
I have no problem opening the EXE itself, by firing ITS icon or by specifying it in Start | Run, for instance. It's simply the issue of opening image files that are associated w/ 602Photo now, due to its assumption that I wanted that association to be made when I installed, I guess. I don't recall being asked, but it isn't hard to undo, if necessary. It just seems LAME that this glitch exists. I believe it is safe to say that it is NOT the fault of the image file(s) because: 1) I've tried too many of them, and 2) they can be opened fine via the File | Open feature of the app once it is up and running. It's just a nuisance, but enough of one to make me inclined to trash the app and go back to something else (as I have several). It just seemed that the continuity of the "suite" thing would be of some potential benefit.
  Posted by Jay Murphy  on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 2:01:46 PM (EST)
P.S. I can't help but notice that, though I reported this "bug" to 602 CS and posted this some days back, not ONE HINT of a response have I seen or heard from them. What if I were one who thrived on "warm and fuzzies?"
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.