Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602LAN Suite 2002 question - licenses
  Posted by  Mark Flaherty  on Friday, September 10, 2004 at 7:52:27 PM (EST)
I know that this is a question regarding an earlier version, but we have the 602LAN Suite 2002 installed on a Windows NT4 Server and it has started to display the message that the software is limited to 5 users. We only have 3 users (2 desktop PCs and 1 Laptop). Is this a known issue with 2002 which is fixed in 2004? Also, I am trying to find some form of log file that will at least give some indication of what may be going wrong. Is there any facility in LAN Suite that I can turn on to record logins to LAN Suite? This would help me troubleshoot the problem.

If we upgrade to 2004, are there any known issues in running 2004 on a Windows NT4 server (we will be upgrading the server late this year / early next year).

Thanks for any assistance or help.

Mark
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, September 13, 2004 at 12:22:27 PM (EST)
Well, I assume you're using the Free version if you've only got 3 users, so I would recommend upgrading to 2004 since it's free to do so for the free version. This may correct the problem.
  Posted by Mark Flaherty  on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 at 4:10:46 AM (EST)
I have tried to upgrade to 2004 but the server is NT4 and I couldn't get it going - don't know if I did something wrong (is 2004 supported on NT4?).

Incidently, I have put on a filter under 2002 and found this to at least work around the problem.

On analysing the server log I found that there were requests going through the proxy from unknown addresses to web sites such as sony, earthlink and quite a few others. I have filtered so that only known internal addresses can go out and back in.

We had a virus on one PC quite a while ago and it appears I may have some part of it left which I cannot find.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.