Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Recommendation to all users of 4.1 Free version
  Posted by  Neil Parks  on Friday, September 10, 2004 at 9:23:09 AM (EST)
Although exporting to PDF format is not available in the free version of 4.1, the installer will still install the PDF conversion software.

If you dont intend to upgrade to the paid version, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall PDF-Xchange 3.0.

Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 10, 2004 at 9:50:01 AM (EST)
Well, it also installs the Barcode, thesaurus, hyphenation and mail merge support too.. I think the reason they do it is for ease of installation and registration. You don't have to download another program like you did in the 2000/2001 version or reinstall the software, you just have to register the paid version and you're good to go.

I think it's a good move on their part, and you're right, uninstall the PDF software on the free version of you don't want to pay for it. No big deal.
  Posted by Neil Parks  on Friday, September 10, 2004 at 2:04:10 PM (EST)
Barcode, thesaurus, hyphenation and mail merge don't waste memory when they are not being used.

Posted by Phoebus Lorenzo  on Sunday, September 19, 2004 at 9:01:55 PM (EST)
Great tip . . . I uninstalled PDF-Xchange 3.0 but the program pdfSaver.exe is still being loaded at start-up and using resources. How can I prevent this program from being loaded?
  Posted by K V  on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at 9:53:09 PM (EST)
click on the windows start button, then click on "run"

type in "msconfig" and click "OK"

click on the "startup" tab and uncheck the two pdf-related options.

careful using msconfig, cuz you can stuff up the computer.
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.