Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Character spacing
  Posted by  Fred Dalgleish  on Thursday, September 09, 2004 at 11:40:19 AM (EST)
Out of the box, the first thing I did in 602Text was open a word document, and open the same doc in Word. There is poor kerning (I think thats the term) in 602 compared to Word. Characters are very unevenly spaced...
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, September 09, 2004 at 12:24:19 PM (EST)
Some formatting will not come over from Word to 602Text. This is well documented in the Compatibility guide on the support page for PC Suite.

Kerning can be set for the font by going to Format -> Font. Kerning option is at the bottom of the window. I have noticed this is a problem with the Times Roman font in several WP apps (OO, for example), not just 602Text. I think maybe Microsoft has introduced code to correct this and it is a font issue. Spacing is not an issue with other fonts such as Ariel in 602Text or the other WP apps Ive used.

If you look, 602Text does not guarantee the formatting will come over, just that it will be readable. If you want MS Word to read your documents, you should get MS word, because NONE of the office alternatives will work for you.
  Posted by Fred Dalgleish  on Monday, September 13, 2004 at 1:52:43 PM (EST)
Sorry, not true. All tests were done with new documents, not copies. Using font Book Antiqua (Western) 10pt, there is clearly a kerning problem.
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.