Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PHOTO SUITE 4.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PHOTO SUITE 4.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cant get crop to work
  Posted by  Valerie Foster  on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 5:12:55 PM (EST)
I've used 602Photo Suite many times before, and was always able to crop pictures. Now, that option is not on the toolbar, as it used to be, and if I go to the drop down menu under image, the "crop to selection" is in gray, not black, so it's not functional to click on. HELP, PLEASE!!! I've used and loved this program mainly because of the crop feature. I can't imagine what has disabled the crop option, but I need to know how to fix it.

I have Windows Home Edition, with IE 6. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS! Thanks. Val
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 5:18:30 PM (EST)
Are you selecting something with the select tool before going to the menu item?
  Posted by Valerie Foster  on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 5:32:59 PM (EST)
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm doing it the way I've always done it before, as in opening my picture files and then selecting the picture I want to view and crop. So the picture is there on the 602 Photo screen. The other options under "image" are all in black and functional. I was able to resize a picture. But I can't figure out how to crop. Thanks. Val
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, August 20, 2004 at 9:54:46 AM (EST)
Crop works just fine for me on my installation, so it must be you're not doing something correct before selecting the crop feature or maybe the file type you're trying to crop isn't supported.

I can crop in both 602Photo and 602Album.

602Photo:
1. Open the image, then click the select tool. It is the icon on your toolbar that looks like a squarewith dashed lines and a plus sign on the lower right corner.

2. Click and drag your mouse cursor over the part of the image you would like to keep.

3. Click Image, then click Crop to Selection.

602Album
1. Open the image you would like to edit in your album.

2. Right click on the image and select Crop

3. Click and drag the edges of the image to remove the parts of the image you would like to remove.
4. Click save to keep the changes.
  Posted by Valerie Foster  on Friday, August 20, 2004 at 6:23:15 PM (EST)
Thank you Robert. Bless you! I don't have the select icon on my toolbar, or any of the other crop icons on it that used to be there. But I did click "select area" under "edit" and that dropped down the cropping menu. When I right click on the image and the menu drops down, it offers "rotate" and "resize", but not "crop".

You've been very helpful, it never occurred to me use the "select area" under "edit" for cropping, because I always used the icons that were on my toolbar before. I simply have no idea what happened to them, and would like to get them back, if possible. But at least now I can actually crop, so that problem is solved. Is there any way for me to get those icons back on my toolbar?

Thanks for your help, I'm sending a hug over the net, okay? Val
BackBack to 602PHOTO SUITE 4.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.