Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Queue Management
  Posted by  John Anderson  on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 3:44:54 AM (EST)
Hi All,

Valid Emails getting stuck in the Lan Suite Mail Queue. Viewable under FILES|QUEUE MANAGEMENT. the queue does appear to clear after a day or so but I have found no logical explanation as to why it happens. All of the email in the queue have valid TO addresses and the system stays connect to the internet. I am RECEIVING mail without delay.

I've had this happen a couple of times now and it really craps me off. So much that for a while I moved my mail management to different server software. When the latest release of Lan Suite came out I thought I'd give it another go... but the problem has popped up again.

If you know of a solution to this problem please let me know. All suggestions welcome.

SPYWARE: I have performed a routine check for spyware and found some Dataminer software which has now been removed. With no affect on the Mail Queue.

Thank you,

John Anderson.
  Posted by Rolf Lung  on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 9:50:15 AM (EST)
Some further things:
Are any of the recipients getting their mail (other than local users)?

What happens when you "enable" the emails in queue?

Are you sure that your sender smtp settings are correct (ISP).

Under smtp server settings, the port setting should be correct, and "Send outgoing mail via ISP's SMTP server" should be checked.

You may find that the emails did not go at all, and were discarded after a time set under "Advanced sending parameters".
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 3:15:35 PM (EST)
When you check the attempted number of times to send, is it increasing? If so, for some reason it is not getting through to the receiving mail server.

Have you checked the c:\lansuite\Smmddyy.LOG to see what it says about your smpt sending? (that is 'S.log')
  Posted by John Anderson  on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 5:08:12 PM (EST)
It WAS a problem between the SMTP server and the connection to the internet. My FIREWALL suddenly decided to start blocking outgoing smtp messages. Once I restarted the firewall everything worked fine.

thank you for your suggestions.

it wasn't Lansuite after all! d'oh.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.