Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Crash when faxing landscape TIF files
  Posted by  Edward Crowe  on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 7:23:50 AM (EST)
We can attach TIF files when sending faxes to the alias fax_number@fax.fax and it works okay.

However, if we attach a TIF file which has a landscape, instead of a portrait, aspect then lansuite crashes at the point of performing the fax conversion using the 602Fax printer.

If I manually rotate all TIF files so that they are portrait (i.e. taller than they are wide) then they get sent okay.

I have not yet tested JPG files, so I do not know if this applies to them also.

Is there a fix for this problem ? - if not, how can I prevent users from attaching unsuitable attachment layouts which cause lansuit to crash ?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 11:03:11 AM (EST)
LAN Suite crashes when you're converting using the Sendfax client? or does the Sendfax client crash?

What's the error message you get?
  Posted by Edward Crowe  on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 6:09:08 PM (EST)
Hi Robert

We are not using the sendfax client, we are using the web mail interface to send faxes. This allows anyone with internet access to send faxes using their web browser (which is very useful).

The system event log records the following when a landscape tif is attached to an e-mail sent to fax_number@fax.fax:

---------------
Faulting application Lansuits.exe, version 2004.0.0.1, faulting module Accuimr5.dll, version 5.0.1.0, fault address 0x00030e0a.
---------------

I should be interested to hear from anyone who can successfully send a landscape TIF fax attachment using the web mail interface.

Robert, if you need any more information, please ask. I would like to get to the bottom of this as I can not let my clients loose on web mail faxing unless it is robust.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.