Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602Lan suite fails after a minute of loading
  Posted by  Andy Putman  on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 at 4:26:14 PM (EST)
I have been using Lansuite 2004 for over a month OK. Today it stopped working. On rebooting the XP PX it is on it starts up but fails within about a minute. I have tried starting it manually same happens. Access via IExplorer lasts for same time. nothing changed on system for weeks. What has gone wrong - Ample free disk space - Help
  Posted by John Baker  on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 8:48:15 AM (EST)
Bummer! I'm here looking for the same problem. I've been able to get LAN Suite running again by deleting everything in the io/Internet directory. I think incoming mail is stored there. It seems to be a certian kind of message that causes the program to crash when it starts to process it.

There are no errors in the logs to help figure this one out. LAN Suite will run fine until you get another one of the messages and will start crashing until you clean out the directory again.

Note: You will loose any undelivered mail that is in line after the offending message file.

I'm getting whatever this is several times an hour and it's causing me to stay right at the server to keep it going so our 325 employees can have email.

This problem has been around since at least LAN Suite 2002. Please help 602!

Posted by M Blande  on Thursday, July 08, 2004 at 4:14:50 PM (EST)
Have never had this problem (yet). Would appreciate a more detailed description incase I do and have to fight with it as you are doing.
- Can you see what IP the offending messages are comming from? Could you redirect that IP with a map to an unused port?
  Posted by Harry Rikken  on Friday, July 09, 2004 at 5:25:20 AM (EST)
Maybe the topic "Starting LANSuite602 2004 as a service" holds the solution
  Posted by Andrew Fung  on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 at 11:13:43 AM (EST)
I experienced this many times, almost all the times were an virus email came in and cause the lansuites to shut down. Deleting or removing the email files from io/internet is the only solution. Or you can click open the questioned file and delete the particular file manually ( if you do not have several hundred pending emails)
  Posted by Peter Snow  on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 at 12:37:40 PM (EST)
I've wrestled with this many times. at times like this I tend to disable the AV components and rely on file attachment filter instead for a day or two until it passes.

Seems to do the trick but very annoying though.

I have wondered whether it could be caused by a bug in an AV definition update??
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 at 12:58:12 PM (EST)
No, it is caused by a weird attachment or third party AV software ripping out the attachment because it contains a virus. I reported this to Software602 about a month ago and they did some research and are supposed to be fixing the smtpdll.dll file to correct this in the next build of the software.
  Posted by Andy Putman  on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 at 3:07:34 PM (EST)
Following what you said, I noticed, in the couple of seconds while the screen racked up, that a file (hex name) flashed up. I deleted that and the programme loaded OK, been alright ever since - touch wood.

Thanks
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.