Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LAN Suite Connection Questions
  Posted by  Julian Sadler  on Friday, July 02, 2004 at 3:31:48 PM (EST)
Hi,

I am connecting to the Internet via a dial-up connection to my ISP. I am a new user and have three questions:

Every time I launch IE browser it starts a dial-up connection even if the home page is set to the default 602LAN Suite home/admin page. Is this correct, or is there someway of evoking the dial-up access only when a user is requesting an actual page from the Internet?

What value should be set in the “Disconnect after X minutes” field in the Connection tab/screen? Is the value calculated from the initial connection to the Internet, via the proxy, or the last page to be requested? It seems to be the former, as it requires a value of at least thirty minutes to make it a useful session without the dialler disconnecting.

It appears that once a dial-up connection has been established it is not possible to navigate via the browser back to the admin page, or access the web mail facility until the connection has been dropped. Is this correct of have I incorrectly configured something? “Bypass proxy server for local addresses” has been checked in the IE Options config.

Thank you,

Julian
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.