Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Lansuite 2004 and Norton AV conflict
  Posted by  Paul Newey  on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 6:27:36 AM (EST)
I have recently installed the latest (5 user) Lansuite email server for a friend, on his desktop pc, that has multiple user accounts on

Also on pc is Norton AV 2004, and when the pc is rebooted, Norton and Lansuite conflict badly - is there any way round this. I have started Lansuite by putting shortcut to lansuite in startup but this is not working with multi users on pc
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 10:00:35 AM (EST)
what do you mean it conflicts badly? What does it do?

The only thing I am aware of regarding norton vs LS is in this Knowledge Base topic

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=844

Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:49:54 PM (EST)
In response to the multiple user accounts, you will need to start LANsuite as a service.
  Posted by Paul Newey  on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 11:39:35 AM (EST)
The conflict at the start manifests itself, by the system going really slow and the icon for Norton in the tray coming up with a line through it, indicating it is not scanning in 'real time'

To test this theory, I stopped the automatic starting of the AV service, and rebooted the pc - the Lansuite worked well - as soon as I re-enabled the AV service again, the system went really slow again

The system is running XP with an AMD 2500 and 512 mb ram, is freshly built so there is not a problem with hardware

If I leave the Lansuite to start manually - shortcut in start up folder - there is no conflict as Lansuite loads a few seconds later than Norton

Your help would be most appreciated - thanks

BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.