Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Followup query re quotation marks
  Posted by  Neil Parks  on Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 11:32:54 AM (EST)
On April 16 I asked a question about quotation marks. I said that 602Text arbitrarily decides for itself that a quotation mark is an open quote or a close quote, and changes them accordingly. I don't like that. I want to use the same symbol wherever a quotation mark (or a ditto mark) is supposed to appear.

Robert Smith suggested I should try a different font. I tried several. That did not solve the problem. No matter what font I use, 602Text insists on making what it determines to be open quotes look different from what it determines to be close quotes.

MS Word does the same thing, but has an option to turn this unwanted "feature" off. I'd like to know if it can be turned off in 602Text, and if so, how to turn it off.

Posted by Neil Parks  on Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 10:41:34 AM (EST)
Turns out I'm not the first person to ask this question. (Looks like Brett Iddon never got an answer either.)

http://support.software602.com/forum/view.asp?id=2567&gid=2567&cid=0

Posted by Brett Iddon on 8/7/2002 at 11:35:00 PM

Part of the features of 602 is that it converts "quotes" into “66 99 quotes” which is all well and good.

But I really need to turn them off and I can't find an option anywhere that lets me do it. ...

BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.