Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Topic ClosedTopic Closed
WWW Server and IP Filter
  Posted by  Frank Merson  on Saturday, February 02, 2002 at 3:18:23 PM (EST)
Have a problem with the WWW Server and IP filtering. I blocked one machine as a test and, it was successfully blocked from the WWW server. When that machine's IP was cleared, Lansuite still blocked it. Specifically allowing that IP does not change the result - Lansuite WWW server still considers it blocked. Only by removing the WWW server's ip filtering is the IP allowed. So, three questions: 1-why does the machine in question remain blocked? 2-where are the filter parameters stored and 3-can they be manually edited?
  Posted by Frank Merson  on Saturday, February 02, 2002 at 8:08:04 PM (EST)
Ok, I broke the code to my own problem. The key is the Source Mask. Lansuite apparently looks at that first (it may be documented and I missed it). So, if you have a blocked IP with a source mask of 0.0.0.0 at the start of the list (which I did in addition to the question IP), all following IPs will be blocked in spite of other settings. So, if you must use this type of setting (blocking specific outside script-kiddy IPs), put them at the end of the list.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Topic ClosedTopic Closed
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.