Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Bayesian again
  Posted by  Radu Baciu  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 4:35:58 AM (EST)
I have (yet) another problem using the Bayesian filter. I have read all the previous messages written on this subject, but I fail reaching a solution.
My first problem is that when I send a message to the filter (aka. junk@junk) using a pop account (outlook express) the database is not updated. If I activate the web server (i do not currently use the web server) and log on to web mail, the Bayesian updates the database IF I use the junk button on the form. Why should I do so that the Bayesian accepts the outlook classification?
The second problem is that even after I specifically told (using the antispam tab) the Bayesian to send the mail marked as spam to the spam account, it still sends it to the inbox instead. How can I solve this problem?
Thank you again.
  Posted by Petros Giamnn  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 5:09:44 AM (EST)
i have the same problem
  Posted by Michel vanderHeijden  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 6:12:35 AM (EST)
We personaly don't have any problems with the baysian filter and it works well. It filters a lott of garbage. A customer with the same settings as us has the same problems as you describe. So it seems not to be a seeting but an environment issue.

Kind regards,
Michel
  Posted by Radu Baciu  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 11:28:59 AM (EST)
Michael, what kind of environment do you have?
My LS is based on a Win98SE, both on server and clients (oe6.1sp1). Yours?
  Posted by Terry Fehr  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 6:09:09 PM (EST)
I was confused about how to use the system at first. I found a tech document somewhere which shows that spam should be submitted as an attachment.... do not just forward the spam. I did this for a while and it did not work. But since then I have also found problems with the system. Only the first attached email in a submission generates an appeal note. So I guess the other messages are not processed by the filter. I have submitted a bug report regarding this issue.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.