Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
MP3s being Executed as CGI
  Posted by  Guy Paddock  on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 11:43:25 AM (EST)
I have an alias setup to map "/SharedMedia/" to a folder of MP3s that I want access to away from home. LANSuite allows me to connect to the site and browse the folder quite well, however, when I click on an MP3 in the file list, I get no content.

The log file indicates that the MP3 is being executed as CGI, with Windows Media Player being the application to process the CGI request. My question is, WHY??

My scripts folder is set to C:\LANSUITE\CGI-BIN and the only mapped application is PHP, registered to files ending in PHP.

So, WHY are MP3s considered CGI on the Lansuite server?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 12:11:48 PM (EST)
I think you need to add it as a mime type. The server is probably seeing it as a binary and trying to parse it as a cgi script.

In the "socksdll.ini" file in the root LAN suite directory, you will see a section called "[mime_types]".

I think (but I'm not 100% sure) you need to add:

audio/x-mp3 mp3
  Posted by Guy Paddock  on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 1:22:57 PM (EST)
Thank you! That was it exactly. It seems that only AIFF and WAV are defined in the MIME types by default. I wondered if it wasn't a MIME type issue, but I couldn't find any mention of MIME types in the config docs, nor in the Advanced Configuration dialogs.

Just for future reference, I needed to add:
audio/x-mp3=mp3

The equals sign is very important.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.