Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Firewall trace
  Posted by  Frederick Davis  on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 4:56:28 AM (EST)
I am having a problem updating information on a Web site I have been using for years.

Since moving to LS2004 the firewall appears to be blocking the update procedure. I can access the update page, make and save the changes, but when I try to navigate back to the initial screen I am getting a message that says I do not have sufficient permission to access this page, despite it being the page I started from.

How can I trace the activity through the firewall to determine the offending rule?

Thanks,
Fred
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 10:23:41 AM (EST)
yes. Configure the FW.LOG log file options on the logs tab in advanced configuration, then try it again. look at the "fw.log" file in the lansuite directory, and it should tell you why it's being blocked...

but the error you're getting doesn't necessarily sound like a log issue. Maybe you're backing up too far or something. I would check the FTP log file on the remote server if possible.
  Posted by Frederick Davis  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 3:59:24 AM (EST)
Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to have wasted everyones time. I have traced the problem back to Norton Internet Security that is blocking certain content on this site.

All I've got to do now, is find out how to configure Norton to give me complete access to this known good site.

There's no fun in computing anymore!

Fred
  Posted by Frederick Davis  on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 4:01:13 AM (EST)
Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to have wasted everyones time. I have traced the problem back to Norton Internet Security that is blocking certain content on this site.

All I've got to do now, is find out how to configure Norton to give me complete access to this known good site.

There's no fun in computing anymore!

Fred
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.