Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Whats this POP3 alternative method mean?
  Posted by  Laphan Laphan  on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 2:37:57 PM (EST)
Hi All

LANSuite seems straight forward to use (which is great for a simpleton like me!!), but I just can't quite get completely to grips with the POP3 bit.

If say my default domain is frozenmoles.co.uk and I set up a POP3 account to retrieve from which is a 'catch all' account but for the domain mappin.org.uk.

As the emails are retrieved, I want them to re-directed to the relevant users, but because the emails are say laphan@mappin.org.uk and not laphan@frozenmoles.co.uk they don't get redirected.

What I'm trying to say is that is there a way to re-direct the email by making LANSuite look at the alias used (eg laphan) rather than the full email address (eg laphan@frozenmoles.co.uk)???

I'm sure many users use a number of POP3 Internet based accounts that they need to retrieve from, but send out on their main domain.

Also what does this alternative method mean??

Many thanks.

Rgds

Laphan
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 3:45:25 PM (EST)
Best I can think of, might be to try and setup alias with name@mappin.... and see if that works.

This is what the manual says on the alternate method:

According to the address alternative method Same as above, but uses different header analysis. Try
this option if you are having problems with the first sorting method.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.