Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
eDock and SSL
  Posted by  Gregoryb Little  on Sunday, March 28, 2004 at 5:30:26 PM (EST)
For several years I have been a happy 602 Software user (LanSuite). Currently have IIS 5.0+ installed on a separate PC as a HTTPS server for file access. Works fine but would like to have more versatility that eDock offers. Here's the problem, one that I see others have had on this forum. I can get to the log in page just fine, however after log in the service jumps from HTTPS to HTTP, thus losing its secure connection. I know I can use the security features in eDOCK but prefer HTTPS. Has anyone gotten this product to work solely over a HTTPS connection? If so how? Help would be greatly appreciated.
  Posted by Vaughn ReidIII  on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 8:50:27 AM (EST)
I just figured out how to get ssl to work with eDock Server and LanSuite. Please follow these steps.

First, configure the web server to use ssl and port 443. Second configure the eDock database to use port 443. Third edit the two index.html and the default.asp files in the /edock folder to redirect https://leave_the_rest_of_the_address_unchanged
Finally, restart the database and Lansuite. That should do it.

Hope this helps,

Vaughn L. Reid III
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.