Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cant access homepage
  Posted by  D V  on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 6:21:52 AM (EST)
When on my LAN, I can access my homepage by entering the host name in my browser or other Internet pages by entering www.???.com

When on the Internet, I can access my homepage by entering www.viatos.co.nz

But I can't access my homepage by entering www.viatos.co.nz when on my LAN. Why?

Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 5:55:50 PM (EST)
My guess is Your Web Server is set to 'Listen' on your external IP only. Change it to 'Listen' on all addresses.
  Posted by D V  on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 6:13:37 PM (EST)
My WWW IP address: is set to all and I can get to the web server from the internal IP but not fromthe external IP
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 7:55:14 PM (EST)
I'm not sure you have explained yourself correctly...I can access www.viatos.co.nz externally, so you do not have any Firewall/Web Server issues. Yor first sentance says you CAN view the page on the LAN and your 3rd sentance says you CANNOT. Perhaps you mean the server works but the clients won't?
Also your OS will play an important part. XP will require you to specify your domain in the network config.
  Posted by D V  on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 10:57:15 PM (EST)
You're right. I explained myself badly. I'll try again.

When I am away from home, I type www.viatos.co.nz and see my homepage. Of course, you can do this too.

When I am at home plugged into the same hub as the WWW server, I enter the server name "portugal" into the browser and see my homepage. If I type www.viatos.co.nz, after a short delay the browser displays the error "The page cannot be displayed" and "Cannot find server or DNS Error" WHY?
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 11:25:15 PM (EST)
The DNS Server for your clients should be the IP address of the "Portugal" (LS2003) Server. In the Proxy Server Admin page check "process DNS requirements".
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.