Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
550 error
  Posted by  Paul Maber  on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 at 7:51:49 AM (EST)
I have setup lansuite 2003 but unable to send any emails from clients. incoming are ok.
The error is: -
12:55:48 PM SMTP: [3] SMTP connection to 'mail.btconnect.com' established.
12:55:48 PM SMTP: [3] 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]

I have a domain with forwarding setup to a btconnect account and I am dialling BT as I am using a BT connect ISDN line so have to use their number.

The client is setup for the email and reply address as user@domain.co.uk

Any help very much appreciated.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 at 10:33:03 AM (EST)
This looks like the mail is being rejected because you are blacklisted or need to be added to a white list. Contact btconnect for help.
  Posted by Prikshat Kaplish  on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 6:45:02 AM (EST)
I am also with BTconnect and had the same problem.

The method BT prefer is to transfer your domain to them ;-}

I also registered for their domain recognition list but could not get it to work for me.

There are several ways I have tried to get round this.

The easiest but inelegant method is to use the BTusername as your from address. i.e. BTusername@btconnect.com for all your users. You will then have to rely on the return address in each client(we use outlook) each outlook will have their own return address of user@domain.com
The problem we had with this was some mail readers did not read the return address and would use the real address when replying.(Mostly Mac customers!)

Next I tried bypassing BT and used the LS2003 SMTP to send directly. This was the best method, fastest and most controllable.
The problem was some Mail servers do not accept mail from unknown smtp addresses. Particularly AOL.

What I have finally settled on is to use the mail service provided by the host of our domain. (If you try this method, don't forget to stop the redirection to BT)

regards -pk-
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.