Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Problem with e-mail aliases
  Posted by  Igor Katenev  on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 6:04:02 AM (EST)
We have recently downloaded and installed 602Lan Suite for 5 users on our new server and have the same problem with e-mail aliases we had in LanSuite 2002. Let me explain.
We have two users, say Igor and Sveta, and Igor has the admin right and all unsorted messages are routed to him. When we receive a message to Sveta (the field TO contains Sveta@ourdomain.com), Igor receives this message too!
What can be possible reasons of the problem? We have used LanSuite for over the last two years and know all settings and can setup other services properly (I mean HTTP/FTP/SOCKS proxy, dial-up settings, etc.), but I can not figure out why the message is routed to the user it is not addressed too. Any ideas?

Posted by Igor Katenev  on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 7:41:36 AM (EST)
It's me again. I have found something concerning my problem in your KB (see http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=643). It states that "If you are using a 'Catch all' mailbox and are sorting mail 'according to the address', it is possible your ISP is duplicating the mail for each user that is listed as a TO, CC or BCC recipient." It also says that "Of course, eliminating the ISP and receiving the mail via direct SMTP connection will also resolve this issue."
Does anybody know what is direct SMTP connection and how can it be established using 602Lan Suite?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.