Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Fax with PDF-file doesnt work
  Posted by  Bernard Burger  on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 3:24:34 AM (EST)
When I send a fax containing an Acrobat Reader PDF-file, the receiving fax machine only receives garbage. As far as I red the LanSuite description, the latter should be able to send faxes from any application with a print function! Any idea why i doesn't work? Faxes from within MS-Word work fine.
Regards
Bernard (New Zealand)
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 10:50:04 AM (EST)
You need an OLE to convert this file. You may want to check with Adobe for this. LS doesn't provide OLEs for PDF files.
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 12:45:12 PM (EST)
Is Adobe installed on the Lansuite server? Mine works no problem. Is the extension PDF showing up when you "discover" OLE extensions?
  Posted by Bernard Burger  on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 10:01:24 PM (EST)
Yes, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (full version) is installed on all my PC's as well as on the server. The server is running Windows 2000 Server incl. Terminal Server Services. Could that be a reason why it won't work?
What do you mean with "Is the extension PDF showing up when you "discover" OLE extensions?"?
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 9:49:16 AM (EST)
From the console, not the web admin, go to the fax setup and there is a tab, or button to press that causes LS to seek out what registered programs are installed on your server that it supports.
  Posted by Schang Thomas  on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 6:08:10 PM (EST)
Bernard is zour pdf problem solved ?
any reply welcome...
  Posted by Bernard Burger  on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 5:56:16 PM (EST)
Hi Thomas
Sorry for the delay - we've been away for a couple of days.
No, the problem isn't solved. LanSuite won't detect the Acrobat OLE. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat but I still can't see it in LanSuite. I really don't know why, because all the other OLE's work fine (HTML, BMP, JPG, JPEG, DOC, XLS, etc.,etc.). As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to install ACROBAT with the function "Add/Remove programs" within Windows, because LanSuite is running on a W2K-Server using Terminal Server Services. Have any ideas what's wrong with my installation?
Bernard / New Zealand
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.