Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Router
  Posted by  Gary Seymour  on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 3:43:54 AM (EST)
I have upgraded my connection from a dial-up modem to adsl. My present network configuration consists of a 16 port switch and a Wireless access point. I intend to add a router firewall to access my permanenet connection. This by default has an IP address of 192.168.1.1.

How do I configure LS 2004 to use this connection ?

Do I have add another NIC with another IP address plugged into my Switch for my other networked computers to access the Web through LS proxy settings and collect my E-mail ?

Or do I just set the proxy settings to be that of the
router ?

Posted by Stevan Tewell  on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 8:38:59 PM (EST)
Are you planning on using the proxy and/or NAT of the LS2004 or are you just planning on using the email server?
If you are using the proxy and/or NAT you will have to add another NIC so you can route all network traffic through the box, but if you are just using the email protion of the application you need to configure the box to be able to get to the web. Does your router setup DHCP or are you using static IP's?
If your router/firewall does your DHCP it will give out the gateway address to get to the web and the application should do the rest. At least that is how I do it.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.