Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Training the bayesian SPAM filter
  Posted by  Rik Vanderschalie  on Saturday, March 06, 2004 at 4:10:32 PM (EST)
Outlook (2003) doens´t allow sending mail to e-mail addresses without upper-level domainname. So, sending to ´junk@junk´ (without ´.com´ or the like) or ´nojunk@junk´ is not posibble.
How do we solve this problem?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 10:36:03 AM (EST)
I would suggest contacting microsoft about this. I'm sure there's a way to do it in Outlook 2003, but I am not sure how.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 12:50:13 PM (EST)
Just playing around with Outlook a work, and the only way I could get Outlook to accept junk@junk, was to create a distrubtion list.

I called the the Distrubtion list Junk, and added junk@junk to it. Outlook did not check the validity of the address when I sent it. I am not on my Lansuite system so can not check if it worked. If it does work you would need a second list called NotJunk with notjunk@junk in it.
  Posted by Neil Harvey  on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at 5:44:10 PM (EST)
I've tried that in Outlook 2003 and it seems to work fine. You may have to close down and reopen Outlook before it work after setting up the distribution list. I've no idea why.

Thanks for that tip
  Posted by Rik Vanderschalie  on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 at 2:58:49 PM (EST)
Indeed, it seems to be working. I can see two .db files taht I suspect contain the information for the bayesian filter.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 at 3:01:39 PM (EST)
I found a solution.

Use "spam@spam.spam" and "notspam@spam.spam".. I think Outlook is looking for a TLD, it doesn't matter WHAT the TLD is as long as it's there.
  Posted by Ling Bigley  on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 at 4:58:07 PM (EST)
I've tried everything suggested in this thread for training Outlook XP/bayesian filter and I always get a returned mail error. Any more suggestions?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.