Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
cannot connect to database
  Posted by  Todd Carpenter  on Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 11:43:42 AM (EST)
install was normal through this point, but when the installer tries to connect to the database, I get this error. I have used most of the defaults, so I don't know what the problem could be. I am using IIS 5.0. Can anyone shed some light on this for me??

Thanks.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 11:01:18 AM (EST)
Is eDock Server started?
Can you connect via the WWW?
Do you have a router or firewall and installed eDock to a public IP?
  Posted by Todd Carpenter  on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 6:27:04 PM (EST)
Is eDock Server started?

yes. after the install fails, the eDock server window is open and it appears to be running.

Can you connect via the WWW?

I didn't try, but I doubt it since it can't see the database. When the database connection fails, it doesn't even install the shortcuts in the Start:All Programs menu. There is only one executable file in the eDock folder and running it does nothing discernable.

Do you have a router or firewall and installed eDock to a public IP?

What I am doing is this:
I have a co-located web server with several IP address and no firewall. I am installing via a Terminal Services remote connection from my home computer which is behind a router/firewall. As far as eDock is concerned, I am install right at the web server. The web server has a couple dozen webvsites on it. I wanted to set up eDock to be at some website in a directory, like, www.catonsville.com/eDock and set up IIS to point to the proper directory. If I have to I could set aside a separate IP address just for eDock, but I would rather not.

I don't see how any of this is pertenant because the problem is during the install not trying to access eDock via the web.

Thanks, Todd
  Posted by Douglasg. Palmer  on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at 12:56:18 PM (EST)
Hey..,

I had the same problem not to long ago..! It turns out that eDock does not supoort installs via Term. Services. You have to run install directly from local server or PC. (Sucks but it works)
  Posted by Todd Carpenter  on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at 3:19:27 PM (EST)
Never experienced that problem before, but OK. Thanks for the info.

I ended up installing eDock on a box (W2K Pro) at my house. It worked fine, but it is behind a firewall and is currently addressed as 192.168.0.3, so now I have to figure out how to address it from outside and what ports to forward and such. It shouldn't be too hard - just haven't had time to look at it yet.
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.